Constant and correct care of your pool is a regular thing you should pay attention to if you want to keep clear water and assure your pool stays hygienic.
There are some common problems that may sometimes appear in any pool: murky water, algae, and various bacteria which can cause many infections, so it is extremely important to keep in mind the importance of pool maintenance.
Falls Church Pool Repair and Construction is a company that you’re looking for when it comes to pool maintenance. We are eager to help you keep your pool being a great place you can be proud of, so we would like to share some information and tips about pool maintenance.
There are some essentials about pool maintenance you should know:
- Well – balanced water in your pool means that the ratio of chemical elements is good. Maintaining right pH, calcium hardness and total alkalinity prevent irritations of swimmers, but also save your pool equipment from damaging.
- Any chemical must be used correctly and in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. You shouldn’t use household chemicals for your pool because there are special chemicals made for pools with ingredients that successfully solve problems in pool water.
- You should treat your pool with chlorine orderly (2-3 times a week), but sometimes you will need to super chlorinate (shock) your pool if there are many more swimmers than usual, if swimmers get burned eyes and skin, if the water becomes murky or in the case of extreme temperatures. Superchlorination shouldn’t be done more than once in a week.
- Use algaecide because it prevents algae growth and returns. Some algaecides focus on green algae that are the most common problem.
- Frequently use leaf skimmer to remove insects, leaves or other particles floating on the surface.
- Remove dirt on the sides and the bottom of your pool using a brush.
Taking into consideration the daily obligations of a modern man, contacting a pool maintenance service is a perfect solution if you want to keep your pool clean and safe, but you don’t have enough time to take care of your pool often.